Friday, February 1, 2013

Apparently, Korra needs to lighten up.

Preface: I just found this amusing and decided to talk about it.

Original Post: September '12
So whilst perusing der internets, I discovered that someone has reposted one of my images in a thread of theirs…





If you look closely, you’ll notice that there’s some slight digital artifacting under Korra’s left arm.  That’s because whoever grabbed my image also decided to alter it slightly.  For comparison…the original:



This actually didn't get as out of hand as I'd first assumed...much to my regret.

Y’know I don’t have a problem with the repost or the alteration.  I’m one of those people who don’t have much patience for those who get butthurt when someone steals their work over the internet, as such people apparently decided to ignore how technology and basic human nature works.  But that’s a rant for another time…

Honestly, I’m just rather rather bemused at the change.  Apparently my version of Korra is just a wee smidgen too high on the melanin scale for whoever’s tastes.  I’m reminded of when I colored a character from a videogame and someone pointed out that they didn’t think the character was black.  The bemusement comes from the fact that both in that situation and this one, the colors I used were taken directly from their respective sources.  The colors I used for the videogame character were taken directly from his avatar sprite and all my Korra colors were taken directly from this.
It’s just kinda of quaint how some peeps still can’t handle the idea of a non-white protagonist.

Yes, I know he's white!  The image isn't representing the...y'know what, nevermind...

No comments:

Post a Comment